2018 Kaingaroa Forest Access Permits

2018 Kaingaroa Forest Access Permits



Do you want to hunt or fish in the Kaingaroa Forest during the 2018 hunting season? Are you a registered member of the Raukawa Settlement Trust? Did you know you are eligible for a waiver of the $50 registration fee for your Recreational Access Permit as a registered Raukawa Settlement Trust uri member?  This opportunity has its genesis out of the CNI Iwi Collective settlement that the iwi entered into in 2008.


To access this waiver, you need to register with First Security as a Verified Land Owner. To register you need to supply them with a Verified Land Owner form. The form confirms that you are a registered member of the Raukawa Settlement Trust Tribal Register. You can obtain a form by contacting us either by phone (0800 RAUKAWA), email, or visiting our Tokoroa Office. Once your details are confirmed, you will receive a copy of the form to supply to First Security.


If you have registered as a landowner in previous years, you do not need to complete another form, and you are able to apply for your hunting permit via First Security’s website. First time verified landowner applications must apply via the First Security Rotorua office.


If you are not yet registered as a member and would like to make use of this waiver for the 2019 hunting season, you can start the iwi registration process here.