- This event has passed.
Te Kura Reo o Raukawa 2019
April 14 @ 3:00 pm - April 18 @ 2:00 pm
Nau mai, haere atu ēnei kupu rāhiri ki a koutou e te hunga manawanui ki te reo Māori. Anei te toronga ā-ringa, te rerenga hoki o ngā mihi, kia tau mai ai koutou, kia auraki mai anō ai koutou ki Te Kura Reo o Raukawa i tēnei tau.
The programme is a marae based, week long, full immersion te reo Māori development course taught by expert te reo Māori kaiako.
Sunday, 14 April – Thursday 18 April | 2019
Papa o te Aroha Marae | Mossop Rd | Tokoroa
Pōwhiri (Programme Start) Time: Sunday, 3 pm, 14 April 2019
Whakakapinga (Programme Closing) Time: Thursday, 2:00 pm, 18 April 2019
Earlybird Registrations $250 per student if paid before 29 March 2019
Late Registrations $300 per student if paid from 30 March 2019 onward
There are 120 student places available to those who have completed paid registrations.
Once this number has been attained registrations will close.
Raukawa scholarships – we have 40 scholarships available for Raukawa uri registered to the Raukawa Settlement Trust.
Kaiako & Subjects
- Reo Māori speakers from throughout the motu, of medium to advanced level reo fluency who wish to improve their confidence, understanding & use of the language in multiple settings.
- Students must be capable of maintaining the full immersion te reo Māori environment as the English language is not used or accepted during the programme besides translation exercises.
- There are no basic level reo classes available at this programme.
- Students will be placed into 8 groups based on their reo fluency from the highest to the lower levels.
- Each group will attend 8 classes in total over the duration of the 5-day programme.
- Students will receive a student exercise book containing the programme & the exercises that will be taught in each class.
Dietary Allergies or Requirements
- There is a section allocated on the online registration form to describe any reasonable dietary requirements or food allergies you may have.
- Our caterers will prepare additional vegetable dishes to cater for vegetarian or vegan participants.
- If allergies are indicated the caterers will attempt to substitute those ingredients or they will clearly indicate all dishes containing the ingredients of concern.
What to bring
- Class style learning stationary – pens, highlighters, etc.
- Laptops or tablets are optional – bring 4-way plugs & extension cords
- The following Māori dictionaries are recommended
- Williams, Dictionary of the Māori Language
- Bruce Biggs, The Complete English-Māori Dictionary
- Blankets for marae stay – matresses, pillows, sheets & pillow slips will be provided
- Warm clothes – Tokoroa can be cold & wet during the April period
- Toiletries & medication suitable for marae stay
Te Hōtaka Tamariki │ Children’s Programme (5-12 yrs old)
- Two additional kaiako have been arranged to teach & facilitate fun activities with the tamariki in the Catholic Hall next to the marae throughout the week during class times.
- There are 25 reserved places based on the ‘first paid registrations, first served’ basis.
- This programme is for tamariki of parent students of the main Kura Reo Programme.
Te Hōtaka Tamariki registration fees
- $100 per child (entering the children’s programme) to be paid at the time of the parent’s registration.
Babies or infants (0-4 yrs old)
- You are welcome to bring your baby or infants as long as you’re comfortable looking after them during classes.
- There are no additional costs for these tamariki.
|7:45||Karakia o te ata|
|9:00||Akoranga o te ata|
|11:00||Akoranga o te ata|
|12:30||Kai o te Rānui|
|1:30||Akoranga o te ahiahi|
|3:30||Akoranga o te ahiahi|
|5:30||Kai o te pō|
|6:30||Karakia o te Pō|
|6:45||Kaupapa o te Pō|
The Tokoroa Town Pools are available, free of charge, for Kura Reo attendees from Sunday evening to Thursday morning. The pools are open from 5:30am till 9:00pm. You will need to inform them you are from the Kura Reo.
Cancellations & Refunds
- Cancellations need to be made via email to Charlie Tepana requesting a refund before 10 April 2019.
- Cancellations received after this date will not be refunded.
- Cancellations made prior to 5 April 2019 will incur a $50 administration fee subtracted from your registration payment.
- Cancellations made from 6-10 April 2019 will incur a $100 administration fee subtracted from your registration payment.
- Full refunds will be made for the cancellations of Hōtaka Tamariki paid registrations.
- Only cancellation notifications with refund requests will be processed.
- There will be no refunds for students who need to leave the programme early.