- This event has passed.
Te Kura Reo o Raukawa 2020
April 19 @ 3:00 pm - April 23 @ 6:00 pm
To help minimize the spread of COVID-19, and to protect the health and well-being of our whānau and community, we have decided to cancel this event. We apologize for any inconvenience. If you have any questions, please contact us on 0800 RAUKAWA (0800 728 5292) or via email@example.com
Nau mai, haere atu ēnei kupu rāhiri ki a koutou e te hunga manawanui ki te reo Māori. Anei te toronga ā-ringa, te rerenga hoki o ngā mihi, kia tau mai ai koutou, kia auraki mai anō ai koutou ki Te Kura Reo o Raukawa i tēnei tau.
The programme is a marae based, week long, full immersion te reo Māori development course taught by expert te reo Māori kaiako.
Sunday, 19 April – Thursday 23 April | 2020
Papa o te Aroha Marae | Mossop Rd | Tokoroa
Pōwhiri (Programme Start) Time: Sunday, 3 pm, 19 April 2020
Whakakapinga (Programme Closing) Time: Thursday, 6pm, 23 April 2020
Individual Registrations (Not receiving Professional Development support) $250 per student
Corporate Registrations (Receiving Professional Development Support) $300 per student
Hōtaka Tamariki Registrations $100 per child
There are 90 student places available to those who have completed paid registrations. Once this number has been attained registrations will close.
Raukawa scholarships – we have 30 scholarships available through application for Raukawa uri registered to the Raukawa Settlement Trust.
Payments & Bank Details
- Only GST registered groups or individuals will receive an invoice on request through the online registration portal.
- Please pay your fees into the following account ensuring you provide accurate details so your registration payment can be tracked to your completed registration form.
Account Name: Raukawa Charitable Trust
Code: Reg. Number (Reg. Number generated at time of registration)
Reference: Initial Surname or Business Name
Kaiako & Subjects
- Reo Māori speakers from throughout the motu, of medium to advanced level reo fluency who wish to improve their confidence, understanding & use of the language in multiple settings.
- Students must be capable of maintaining the full immersion te reo Māori environment as the English language is not used or accepted during the programme besides translation exercises.
- There are no basic level reo classes available at this programme.
- Students will be placed into 8 groups based on their reo fluency from the highest to the lower levels.
- Each group will attend 8 classes in total over the duration of the 5-day programme.
- Students will receive a student exercise book containing the programme & the exercises that will be taught in each class.
Kura Reo T-Shirts
- An order form will be sent to all paid registrations
- Maroon t-shirts for the adults, charcoal t-shirts for the kids are available for $30 per t-shirt & will be distributed at the Kura Reo programme during registration
- T-shirts are available in a mens style, womens style & a kids size & style in all general sizes
- The front will read: Te Kura Reo o Raukawa 2020
- The rear will read: Kia Tika, Kia Rere, Kia Māori
- We encourage Group Registrations to place a single order for the group please
- Orders need to be completed, sent in and paid for before 31 March 2020
- Late orders will not be processed
Dietary Allergies or Requirements
- There is a section allocated on the online registration form to describe any reasonable dietary requirements or food allergies you may have.
- Our caterers will prepare additional vegetable dishes to cater for vegetarian or vegan participants.
- If allergies are indicated the caterers will attempt to substitute those ingredients or they will clearly indicate all dishes containing the ingredients of concern.
What to bring
- Class style learning stationary – pens, highlighters, etc.
- Laptops or tablets are optional – bring 4-way plugs & extension cords
- The following Māori dictionaries are recommended
- Williams, Dictionary of the Māori Language
- Bruce Biggs, The Complete English-Māori Dictionary
- Blankets for marae stay – matresses, pillows, sheets & pillow slips will be provided
- Warm clothes – Tokoroa can be cold & wet during the April period
- Toiletries & medication suitable for marae stay
Te Hōtaka Tamariki │ Children’s Programme (5-12 yrs old)
- Two additional kaiako have been arranged to teach & facilitate fun activities with the tamariki in the Hall next to the marae throughout the week during class times.
- There are 20 reserved places based on the ‘first paid registrations, first served’ basis.
- This programme is only for tamariki of parent students attending the main Kura Reo Programme
Babies or infants (0-4 yrs old)
- You are welcome to bring your baby or infants as long as you’re comfortable looking after them during classes.
- There are no additional costs for these tamariki.
|7:45||Karakia o te ata|
|9:00||Akoranga o te ata|
|11:00||Akoranga o te ata|
|12:30||Kai o te Rānui|
|1:30||Akoranga o te ahiahi|
|3:30||Akoranga o te ahiahi|
|5:30||Kai o te pō|
|6:30||Karakia o te Pō|
|6:45||Kaupapa o te Pō|
The Tokoroa Town Pools are available, free of charge, for Kura Reo attendees from Sunday evening to Thursday morning. The pools are open from 5:30am till 9:00pm. You will need to inform them you are from the Kura Reo.
Cancellations & Refunds
- Cancellations need to be made via email to Charlie Tepana requesting a refund before 9 April 2020.
- Cancellations received after this date will not be refunded.
- Cancellations made prior to 9 April 2020 will incur a $100 administration fee subtracted from your registration payment.
- No refunds will be issued for cancelled Hōtaka Tamariki registrations
- Group registrations are able to change the registered names of attendees as required.
- Only cancellation notifications with refund requests will be processed.
- There will be no refunds for students who need to leave the programme early.