Te Whare Kōrero o Raukawa 2019
September 29 @ 3:00 pm - October 3 @ 2:00 pm$50
Te Whare Kōrero o Raukawa is a week long iwi led programme aimed at uplifting the knowledge, confidence and capability of Raukawa te reo Māori speakers and learners.
The kaupapa is built on teaching Raukawa history, language, whakapapa, whaikōrero, karanga, mōteatea, tikanga and reconnecting our people to our significant sites, marae and traditional practices. People will learn in a supportive learning environment targeted at their specific needs and confidence levels from basic through to advanced reo fluency levels, all taught by high calibre, local te reo Māori and tikanga tutors.
The programme is open to all, however priority will be given to Raukawa uri and people with a strong affiliation to the iwi and rohe.
Each student will receive a programme workbook covering learning material for the week
Dates: 29 September to 03 October 2019
Pōwhiri (Start): Sunday, 3pm, 29 September 2019
Whakakapinga (Closing): Thursday, 2pm, 03 October 2019
Location: Mōkai Marae, Tirohanga Road
- Paraone Gloyne
- Ngāhuia Kopa
- Winiata Whare – Te Ataarangi Class
- Charlie (Tiare) Tepana
- Tangiwai Tepana
- Louis Armstrong
- Taihakoa Maui
- Whakarongotai Hōhepa
- Sunday – Pōwhiri, whakawhanaungatanga
- Monday – Te reo classes
- Tuesday – Significant sites visits
- Wednesday – Whaikōrero & karanga lessons
- Thursday – Waiata, karakia, whaikōrero & karanga practical, hākari
- $50 per student
- There are 100 student places available to those who have completed paid registrations. Once this number has been attained registrations will close.
- Raukawa uri members from throughout the motu and abroad as well as affiliated stakeholders living within the rohe.
- Māori language speakers with basic to advanced level fluency who wish to improve their confidence, understanding & use of the language in multiple settings.
- Basic level learners will enter into the Te Ataarangi stream.
- Students will be placed into groups based on their reo fluency from basic through to advanced fluency
- Each group will attend classes over the duration of the programme.
- Students will receive a student exercise book containing the programme & the exercises that will be taught in each class.
Dietary Allergies or Requirements
- There is a section allocated on the online registration form to describe any reasonable dietary requirements or food allergies you may have.
- Our caterers will prepare additional dishes to cater for vegetarian or vegan participants.
- If allergies are indicated the caterers will attempt to substitute those ingredients or they will clearly indicate all dishes containing the ingredients of concern.
What to bring:
- Classroom style learning: Pens, pencils and highlighters
- Laptops or tablets are optional – bring 4-way plugs & extension cords
- Māori dictionaries are very helpful
- Warm & adequate clothing, blankets, towels and toiletries suited for a week long marae stay
- Appropriate attire and footwear for visiting sites of significance
- Feel free to bring a tent and camp at the marae if you would like your own space
- Matresses, sheets, pillows and pillow slips will be provided
Te Hōtaka Tamariki │Children’s Programme (5-12 yrs old)
- Two additional kaiako have been arranged to teach & facilitate fun activities with the tamariki at the marae throughout the week during class times.
- There are 20 reserved places based on the ‘first paid registrations, first served’ basis.
- This programme is for tamariki of parent students of the main Whare Kōrero classes.
Te Hōtaka Tamariki registration fees
- $50 per child (entering the children’s programme) to be paid at the time of the parent’s registration.
Babies or infants (0-4 yrs old)
- You are welcome to bring your baby or infants as long as you’re comfortable looking after them during classes.
- There are no additional costs for these tamariki.
Cancellations & Refunds
- If an urgent or unexpected kaupapa arises please send all cancellations to Charlie.Tepana@raukawa.org.nz. This will allow an additional space opening for another willing participant.
- Refunds of $25 will be made if cancellations and refund requests are sent before 20 September 2019. Refund requests after this date will not be refunded as exercise books & catering expenses would have already been incurred.
- There will be no refunds for students who need to leave the programme early.
For general enquiries please contact Charlie Tepana:
|9:00||Akoranga o te ata|
|11:00||Akoranga o te ata|
|12:30||Kai o te Rānui|
|1:30||Akoranga o te ahiahi|
|3:30||Akoranga o te ahiahi|
|5:30||Kai o te Pō|
|6:45||Kaupapa o te Pō|