DHB Whānau Ora Kaiārahi Service
What the service is about
A professional service with a tikanga Māori approach to help tamariki, rangatahi and their whānau to write a whānau plan that will enable them to access a range of health, education and wellbeing support services.
A look into the service
- We provide education programs specifically designed to meet the health needs of tamariki, rangatahi and their whānau. These are delivered in homes, schools, youth groups and alternative education centres.
- From referrals we will contact the parents/caregivers to make arrangements to visit the tamariki/rangatahi in their homes to identify their needs and work with the whānau to initiate a whānau plan.
- We address their immediate needs and issues by providing advocacy, support, mentoring and coordinating whanau to access required services.
- We work with the whānau to achieve their long term goals as per their whānau plan.
- We provide frequent monitoring and reviewing until the whānau are achieving greater independence.
Who might benefit from the service
Tamariki and rangatahi aged between 5 and 24 years who live in:
- Te Awamutu.
To gain access to the service
- Through Kōhanga, Primary School or High Schools.
- Self-referral by making enquiries with Raukawa Charitable Trust staff in Tokoroa, Putaruru, Te Awamutu and Matamata.
- Free phone 0800 728 5292.