Tamariki Ora Well Child Service
What the service is about
- A professional health care service with a tikanga Māori approach that provides professional and confidential growth and developmental checks for children from birth to 5 years old in their home.
A look into the service
- A registered nurse and/or a kaiāwhina will visit you and your child in your home or visit the child at any early childhood centres or a kōhanga to weigh and check baby for development. The visit will be recorded in your Well Child book and you can ask questions around your child’s progress.
- With parental permission, follow up services can be done at any early childhood centres or kōhanga where the child maybe attending.
- We also provide:
- Breast feeding support.
- Parent support.
- Home visiting.
- Smoking cessation advice and support.
- Physical activity advice and support.
- Nutrition advice.
- Contraceptive advice.
Who might benefit from the service
- All children from birth to 5 years and their whānau who live in:
- Te Awamutu.
- or surrounding rural areas
To gain access to the service
- Please ask your midwife to add Tamariki Ora to your discharge plan.
- Self-referral by walking in and making enquiries at Raukawa Charitable Trust offices in Tokoroa, Putaruru, Te Awamutu and Matamata.
- Free phone 0800 728 5292.