Whānau Ora Mobile Chronic Disease Management Programme
What the service is about
- A professional health care service with a tikanga Māori approach that assists you and your whānau to self-manage illness and increase wellbeing.
A look into the service
- We are able to visit you or your whānau at home for confidential and professional one on one or group sessions
- Registered nurses and kaiāwhina who travel to where you and your whānau are to assist with:
- Liaison with GP services.
- Referral where required.
- Whānau diet, exercise and lifestyle advice./li>
- Smoking cessation.
Who might benefit from the service
- People 25 years and over with diabetes, heart disease and/or respiratory conditions.
To gain access to the service
- You can ask to be referred by your GP.
- Self-referral by walking in and making enquiries at Raukawa Charitable Trust offices in Tokoroa, Putaruru, Te Awamutu and Matamata.
- Free phone 0800 728 5292.